Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2015

365 Day Challenge

Hello Universe,

I didn't disappear forever and I didn't die. I just went through an early life crisis and went slightly mental. I am back however and ready for anything. During my brief (okay maybe not so brief) absence my writing came in spurts before stopping completely. Not because I didn't want to write but because I had absolutely no creativity. My writer's block was horrendous. It was too much with everything else I was going through and so I just gave up. I even doubted whether I wanted to keep writing. But then I had an epiphany. I watched everyone else living their life, chasing their dreams and tackling them down once they reached them. I wanted that. I no longer wanted to be part of the audience of my own life I wanted the main role. I mean who better to play me than me right? Anyways I decided that if I wanted to accomplish something it wouldn't happen if I did nothing. I needed to actively pursue it, so I am. I Ruth Prophete am going to finish my novel by this time next year. It doesn't need to be perfect. Heck it doesn't even need to be edited yet. I just want it to be done. I want to know that I set a goal and I followed it through to the end. Its going to take hard work, patience (I need so much of that), and enough blood, sweat and tears to have some left over when this is all done. You guys are my accountability. Well if you haven't given up on me that is. Even when it gets tough, even when I get discouraged or want to give up completely I wont because I am not alone in this. I have you and I can't wait to show you when its done. It will be worth it I promise. So how about you? Any new epiphanies or goals you want to accomplish? Let me know in the comments below. Have a great weekend guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment