Pages

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Awareness

Sorry guys I had to skip a week for my blog because I needed a new computer and it was finals week. but now I am done for the semester  so I have more time to write. something I have not had time to do for a while. I love writing and it is something that never leaves my mind no matter where I am or where I am going. With this awareness comes the opportunity to find new ideas for my story.

I have a notebook that I keep for stray ideas that fly at me and for pictures that inspire me. For instance when I was in Minnesota I felt inspired to use the willow tree as a family crest. I also changed the name in one of my main characters because the name was already being used in a major motion picture and no one likes a copy cat.

Life experiences make good story lines and while I wont write about specifics I can add experiences that have taken place in my life as well as friends and family; with a view changes of course. If I pay attention and something sticks out to me you can bet I will add it where I can. Everything is fair game.

Music is one of my biggest inspirations. The track during the mermaid scene  in pirates of the Caribbean continues to give me chills and that scene made me realize I wanted to write my own mermaid story. Two Steps from Hell's music as well is full of music that tells its own story and I have found many songs that apply to many scenes I am writing about and they force me to try to write the best I can. It makes the scene become more real and alive in my mind and on paper.

I try to always be aware of everything no matter how stupid or senseless it may be. I hope that at the end all these inspirations will pull together to make a worthwhile story that can be enjoyed by many.

Sorry its so short but I will have a lot more to write about next week. Now I am off to work on my story. I hope you all have a nice week!

No comments:

Post a Comment